Welcome

WELCOME  
Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate  or    Money Saving Tech Tips blog
or visit my web site to see the children's books which I have authored.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Elminster: The Making of a Mage by Ed Greenwood


This puts new swash in buckling.   Elminster is driven by the untimely deaths of his family and set on a path of vengeance by the demise of his folks.   This is a coming of age in a magic laden society where gods walk the earth and shape changing is ubiquitous.

This is the first book in a series and Greenwood uses the entire book to develop the skills and character of  Elminster.   I liked that personal growth was not limited to just spells and sword play but character and patience were extolled as well.  Elminster looks to be a protagonist that will be enjoyable to follow.

This book abounds in spell casting, shape changing, sword play and thievery.  

I really enjoyed it.  (Hopefully that is not a reflection on my character.)


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment