Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deadly Descendant by Jenna Black




Nikki Glass is a former private eye who suddenly became a Liberi, a quasi-immortal.  Her change to more than human has required more sacrifices than she expected.   He acclimation to the side she has chosen in a millennium long conflict and her conflicted emotions about being part of a team are the focus of this second book in a very good series.

I mentioned in my review of Dark Descendant, Niki is a likeable character.   She is not some invulnerable super hero, she is a volatile, insecure semi-normal person you might know.   She deals with her changed life with frustration and fear.

As in Dark Descendant, there is plenty of action and emotion with just a hint of sensuality.   This provides a touch of romanticism that doesn’t deter from a good urban fantasy.  This is the second of Ms. Black’s work I have read and I am looking forward to reading the next in this series.  Warning, it may have a little too much romanticism if you are a flannel shirt, insecure manly man.    I, of course, am typing this while holding my bowie knife in my teeth, a loaded Judge on my side and kneeling on the throat of a thrashing swamp gator, I ain’t intimidated by any romantic stuff. 

I recommend it.

Body of work of <a type="amzn"> Jenna Black </a>

Web Site: http://www.jennablack.com/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment