Welcome To My BLOG

WELCOME

WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights. 
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Money Saving Tech Tips 
or visit my web site

to see the children's books which I have authored.

 

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cowboys and Aliens Movie Well Worth Seeing

I’ve seen some unkind reviews on Cowboys and Aliens.  Well, as far as I’m concerned, I think they whine and complain overly much.   It is not portrayed as a metaphor for modern life or a critique of the current political turmoil.   It is a summer movie, designed for entertainment value!

It has entertainment value up the old whazoo!  (I’ve often wondered who coined that expression and why?)  There are cowboys, Indians, gun fights, girls, a saloon and did I mention aliens?  Ugly, evil, nasty aliens who are intent on killing everyone in sight abound in disturbing numbers. 

I heard one comment that there wasn’t enough action and there was too much romance.   I have to wonder if they were in the same movie I was in.   There is a love interest but the movie overflows with testosterone and violent demises.  

It was entertaining and a great way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon!

BTW the Amazon ad is for the book by Joan Vinge, which I have not read but if it is vintage Vinge I am willing to bet it is well worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment