Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Kill Before Dying by Travis S. Taylor


Trail of  Evil was the first Taylor book I read.  It only earned three starships mostly because I felt out of it having not read the three previous books.  This jumps to 4 starships due to having had some background, the story makes more sense.  Former President Alexander Moore has taken his task force to the enemy, the Chiata.  The Chiata are a locust like scourge trying to cleanse the galaxy of all life but their own.   Moore doesn’t see that as a viable option and takes the war to a distant star system that may hold a key to human survival.

This, the fifth book in the series, made more sense having read it’s immediate precursor.  The characters were more familiar and the action was as non-stop as before.   Taylor’s books are a bit light on story line and very heavy on action.   That is not a criticism, merely an observation. 

I enjoyed the book, the addition of new entities and the guns, guns, guns action.

http://www.baen.com/authors/travis-s-taylor-4.html

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment