Welcome

WELCOME  
Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate  or    Money Saving Tech Tips blog
or visit my web site to see the children's books which I have authored.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Android for Infants



From the Los Angeles Times:
The Vinci, which will be available later this month, is a 7-inch touch pad that lies suspended in a protective soft-cornered case that is easy for tiny hands to grip and will protect the tablet from some serious baby banging around. Like the LeapPad, it does not have Wi-Fi functionality, so parents don't have to worry about what their 2-year-old might download.

As the company's website says: "The Vinci is not an imitation -- it is a real touch-screen Android-based product, bringing the most advanced technology to the benefit of our youngest citizens."
Maybe that explains the hefty price tag: It's selling for $389.

I love technology but I wonder about this.

Board books and cloth books are huggable and kids sleep with them.  I’m not sure I would want my baby sleeping with a tablet.

I’m certainly not a Luddite but I haven’t seen this even in my scifi books. 

Take note though, for those of us who write kids’ books, we better get them converted to digital format.  



1 comment:

  1. LOL! Love it! You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you the Brilliant Writer Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete