Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Colony by John M. Davis



 
This is a short story taking place sometime after interstellar colonization.   The colony distress beacon triggers and a squad of Earth Defense Marines is sent to investigate.
The characters are stereo typical Marines.   If you know anything about Marines is they have a "tude".   That "tude" serves them well as if you believe you are the ultimate fighting machine then you will strive to prove that fact.   The Marines in this story do just that.  They prove they are tough and they are courageous.

The emotions and philosophy of the story are laudable.   The characters are a bit thin on detail and depth.   The plot is action filled and the enemy is implacable and unresponsive to communication.

The story is short, it is action filled and it concludes with philosophic advice.

I enjoyed it.


Site:  http://johndavisbooks.wordpress.com/


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment