Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blood Prophecy by Stefan Petrucha


This is vampire story with a historic twist that never once uses the word vampire.

Jeremiah Fall finds himself turned into a creature of the night.   A Puritan, he soon discovers his base urges are incompatible with his Puritan ethics.   The strict manner he was raised contributes to his keeping his internal beast from overwhelming his gentler sensibilities.  

I enjoyed the historic aspects of the book.  It did jump around a great deal and not just in the paranormal vampire manner.   I guess morality play would be an apt description.   Jeremiah’s struggles to come to terms with his internal beast provide the motivating factor of his search for a cure. 

The book was darkly entertaining with some bizarre philosophic overtones on the substance of existence.  

I recommend the book.

Body of work of Stefan Petrucha








No comments:

Post a Comment