Welcome To My BLOG

WELCOME

WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights. 
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Money Saving Tech Tips 
or visit my web site

to see the children's books which I have authored.

 

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Way To Glory by David Drake


Daniel Leary is still a Lieutenant in this book.   His beloved Sissies are still with him as is  Adele Mundy, Tovera and Hogg .  A munity and subsequent execution of the mutineers puts Daniel and his crew in an uncomfortable position.   Daniel's  normal creative interpretation of orders provides the excitement to the story.

The Horatio Hornblower series was one of my favorites series as a boy.  Drake uses that story type beautifully.  The camaraderie, loyalty and idolatry shown in Drake's characters is a hallmark of this series.  

Once again into the breach is the overriding theme.

I enjoyed the book and have enjoyed the series.

Web site: http://david-drake.com/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment