Welcome To My BLOG

WELCOME

WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights. 
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Money Saving Tech Tips 
or visit my web site

to see the children's books which I have authored.

 

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Recluce Tales by L.E. Modesitt, jr


My only complaint about Modesitt is that he only seems to put out one book a year.  I have reviews roughly 30 of his books and have yet to find one that I didn't enjoy.  I have frequently noted that I am not a fan of short stories. (Which is ironic as I am working on a collection of short stories of my own.)  I made an exception and as always with Modesitt, I am  glad I did.  The stories were like dropping in for a visit with an old friend. 

Reviewing a book of short stories is always cumbersome.   You  can't review each story or you will bore your own readers to death.   Modesitt had a paragraph prior to each story that gave an idea of why  he wrote that particular story.  It added a nice touch to good stories.

I highly recommend.  


 This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment