Welcome To My BLOG

WELCOME

WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights. 
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Money Saving Tech Tips 
or visit my web site

to see the children's books which I have authored.

 

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Asylum Interviews: Bronx by Jocelynn Drake



This book was identified as a short story.  It appears to relate to two other books/short stories all under the category of Asylum Tales.   A chastised warlock operating as a tattoo artist makes a new friend and saves a friend from himself.

Ms. Drake paints good characters.  The fallen warlock could have used more back story but was likeable and open minded.   Bronx, the troll, was also a likeable character.   The concept of tattoos having power based on the design and the ink was a novel touch.   I have not seen that anywhere else and it provides a whole realm of possibilities for future stories.

There was adequate action and thought provoking soul searching.   This looks like it will be a good series.
I recommend the book.

Body of work of <a type="amzn"> Jocelynn Drake</a>
Web Site: http://www.jocelynndrake.com/


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment