Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Long Way to A Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers


This is a story of tolerance, relationships and love set on the Wayfarer, a utilitarian space ship.  

Chambers wrote a story that was far more than a space opera.  The characters were noble and yet felt like people you might have as acquaintances.   Jenks and Kizzy reminded me so much of some of the technicians on my staff when I had a computer business.   Sissy was the embodiment of some of my relatives who have a serious science bent.   I had no trouble at all relating to the characters and felt an enormous empathy for them.  

The demonstration of tolerance and the facing of intolerance was an unflattering mirror to our less than tolerant society as demonstrated by the current election process and some of the vicious and racists demagoguery.

Chambers clearly showed the camaraderie and loyalty that is inspirational and laudable.   This could be a workbook for team building.    

It should be abundantly clear that I really enjoyed this book.  

I highly recommend it.

Web Site: http://tinyurl.com/zyupsup

\This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment