Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Black Dog by Caitlin Kittredge



Ava is a lost soul who may not actually have a soul as she is a hellhound.  The black dog of death, the harbinger of doom or a massively conflicted semi-soul.  Her job is to collect the souls of those who have made deals with Hell.  This book sets the stage for a series as it introduces the good guys, the bad guys and they mass of grey guys in between.  

Ava is a contradiction, she is a merciless killer and yet has a heart.   She is not a shape shifter and yet she shifts her shape.  Her internal conflicts would fuel the furnace of a passel of psychologists and psychiatrists.  

Her interaction with her "friend" Leo and her supposed friends provides much of the tension of the book.   The story is one of personal growth or character development.   Ava at the end is not the same Ava of the begining.

I recommend the book.

Web Site: www. caitlinkittredge.com
This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment