Welcome

WELCOME  
Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate  or    Money Saving Tech Tips blog
or visit my web site to see the children's books which I have authored.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Shadow Chaser by Alexey Pehov


Shadow Prowler was the first book in the Chronicles of Siala.  Pehov may be well known in his native Russia but I had never heard of him until I read that book.   I think the quality of that book will insure that Pehov will be known far and wide as well as in Russia.   Shadow Harold, a master thief, finds himself enmeshed with the establishment to save the world as they know it.   This book carries on the story and gets the band of misfit compatriots further along in their journey. 

Shadow Harold, an enjoyable rogue continues as the main protagonist.  However other characters such as Kli-Kli, the jester, become more important as the story progresses. Harold, a master thief of exceptional skill and a healthy interest in avoiding heroics, finds himself changing and to his horror perhaps even becoming heroic.  

Pehov provides suitable mystery and excellent action.  

I highly recommend the book and am looking forward to the sequel.    

  
This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment