Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher


I am a fan of Butcher and love his Harry Dresden series.  This is got a slight flavor of Dresden in the humor but otherwise is full fledged fantasy and excellent at that.  The plot is a rebellion and those who oppose it.

The characters are once again the best part of Butcher’s tales.  Don’t get me wrong, his plots are excellent and his story telling sublime but his characterizations are terrific.

I like the way he takes Tavi and grows his character throughout the book.   His villains are more believable due to their pragmatic nature.  He gives back story on his villains so they are far more than just the embodiment of evil that seems to be prevalent in most fantasies.

I can’t wait to read the next one in the series.

I highly recommend the book.

Body of work of <a type="amzn" >Jim Butcher</a>


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment