Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Friday, July 9, 2010

Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Chronicles of Nick)

A young man’s coming of age is complicated by werewolves, vampires, gods, demons and eccentric rednecks. When your Mom is a stripper and your Dad is on death row, life can be complicated. This story is a glorious escape down a New Orleans rabbit hole of fantastical characters.

Nick is a somewhat nerdy hard case. His doting Mom makes him crazy and his impoverished inclusion in a prestigious private school does not provide him with a sedate lifestyle. Sherrilyn Kenyon has a vivid, perhaps demented, but absolutely vivid imagination. The characters in the book are extraordinarily colorful and equally unbelievable. I guess I am going to have to track down more of her work. My only criticism is there could have been a little more back story on Ash and Kyrian and others who it seemed like should be familiar. Bubba was a hoot.

I truly enjoyed Nick’s smart mouth. I no doubt identified with the personality type that leads to the mouth running amuck, sadly I have no off setting powers.

I recommend the book.

Body of work of Sherrilyn Kenyon

Web Site: http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment