Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Friday, August 26, 2016

The Summoned King by Dave Neuendorf




This is a easily read young adult novel.   The story resonates with AConnecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court but, and a big but, this story should appeal to the young adult reader.  Jim Young is catapulted into a medieval style of world that is in need of a new king.   He brings with him the idealism and enthusiasm of the teen he is.

Neuendorf crafts a good group of characters that are likeable and possibly characters that teens may identify with.   Note I said may because having been a school counselor of teens I doubt anyone can unequivocally nail down what teens are feeling.   I think the author provided a  character that has the foibles expected of a teen but also provides a character that has laudable goals and who lands on his feet under extenuating circumstances.  

Christianity is brought up as a factor in Jim's identity but there is no proselytization involved.


I recommend the book and look forward to the sequel.

Web Site: http://www.daveneuendorf.com/?author=1
This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment