Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

To Sail A Darkling Sea By John Ringo




Ringo brings his experienced voice to the Zombie genre.   I was a bit surprised as he is so well established and regarded I didn't think he would want to jump on the over worked Zombie genre.   Zombies have taken over everything but a few ships at sea.   A virus has created them and a few people seem to have natural immunity and some have been vaccinated.   This book is about Wolf Squadron, a family dominated militia type of navy that is attempting to rescue survivors and eventually re-take the world.

The Zombies are pretty typical mindless eating creatures.   Ringo does write a good story and populates it with very strong female protagonists.   I enjoyed the way he contrasted the militia type mentality with the professional military mind set.   His women kick butt.   The story has places where it flounders a bit but overall an entertaining and action packed read.

I recommend the book.

Web sites:        http://www.johnringo.net/Home.aspx



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment