Welcome

WELCOME  
Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate  or    Money Saving Tech Tips blog
or visit my web site to see the children's books which I have authored.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dead Man’s Deal by Jocelynn Drake



 
I guess I am now a Jocelynn Drake fan.  I really, really liked this book.   I liked Angel’s Ink  which filled in all the background information that I wanted when I read Asylum Interviews:Bronx.  Both Trixie and Bronx can be read as stand alone stories without any problem.   However I do recommend you read Angel’s Ink first.   In this book, Gage, who is an ex-warlock, struggles with the Towers (Home of the Warlocks), his love, his loyalty and his conscience.   

I particularly liked this book due to Drake’s willingness to touch the core of Gage’s being.  I (manly as I am) found my self wiping my eyes when Drake described Gage’s feelings as he held a baby.  Drake captured, so accurately, the overwhelming emotion that infants bring to the table.   With that said, I will strap on my weapons and declare that the action and adventure are why I read these books.  Luckily at my age, I am quite comfortable with both my identity and chick-lit sentiments.  

There is a wealth of action, some mayhem both satisfying and sad.   Drake does a great job writing action and adventure that has major heart strings.   (reference to my monograph on String Theory found at www.bentrim.info)

I highly recommend the book. 

Body of work of <a type="amzn"> Jocelynn Drake</a>

Web Site: http://www.jocelynndrake.com/


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment