Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Reluctant Queen : Book Two of The Queens of Renthia by Sarah Beth Durst

 


Kudos!  Again! It is so satisfying to find a new author(to me) who writes so well.   This, too, was a satisfying story set in a forest community surrounded by implacable enemies and defended by questionable heroes.  Queen Daleina finds herself thrust into a position she doesn’t feel she deserves and struggles to make peace with the recent violence that put her there.  A desperate need to find an heir fuels the plot.

Bayn, the wolf, and Ven the champion are, again, major components of the story.  Naelin, a new character, brings a maturity level and a different approach to a society and government focused on pomp and circumstance.

This, the second volume, was an excellent book that held my interest, forced me to read later in the evening than I wanted to and satisfactorily wrapped up the plot but clearly left the door open to a sequel.

I highly recommend.

Web Site: http://www.sarahbethdurst.com/



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment