Welcome

WELCOME  
Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate  or    Money Saving Tech Tips blog
or visit my web site to see the children's books which I have authored.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Fell Hound of Adversity by Parker T. Geissel





A dark knight kind of Gotham City is the setting for this book.  It is populated by a wide variety of losers.  All the characters seem to be caricatures.  The kind of protagonist is a failed chef.   Rudi and Buck were friends and then weren't and were again, maybe.

I found the book very difficult to get into.  It is colorful and the characters are interesting.  Injal Skube and Killer Hrapp provide some comic relief with their heavy handed thuggery and personal asides.  Fat Jack Bloom was a real thug who was more sadly comical than the government thugs.   The book seems to revels in sarcastic humor. 

This book seemed like a graphic novel translated into a no graphic novel.  It never really grabbed me.


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment