Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Monday, September 12, 2016

In the Shadow of the Gods by Rachel Dunne



This novel is based on the mythology of parent gods disavowing their twin children. 

There is a dichotomy in some of the characterizations.  The book has multiple main characters, each of whom has their own story.   The methodology of some character lines is so different from others that it is almost like multiple authors.   That isn't a problem but the diverse character lines led to some confusion.

The author did pull the characters together before the end of the book.  

I have mixed feelings about the book.   Scal and  Rora were the characters that successfully grabbed my interest.  I felt Joros was the most despicable of the characters.  

The book has an interesting premise but I had some difficulty in maintaining my interest.

web site: http://racheldunne.com/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment