Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Thursday, January 28, 2016

1635: A Parcel of Rogues by Eric Flint and Andrew Dennis


If recollection serves me this story is connected to the premise of a chunk of current time real-estate transported back to 1632.   The last book of this I read was  Grantville Gazette back in 2011.  

I enjoyed this series in the past.  This book never captured me.  I don't know if it was the lack of action or the tedious pontificating of some of the characters.  I have read quite a bit of Eric Flint and this is the first one I struggled to read.  I taught English history years ago and the populating it with time transplanted characters who are familiar with Cromwell and other notables was entertaining but not sufficiently to entrance me the way so many other Flint books have done.

Web site:  http://www.ericflint.net/


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment