Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Birds of Prey by David Drake



In 262 A. D. the Roman empire was faltering.  One prop on the tottering empire was Aulus Perrenius, Imperial Agent.   Aulus could be characterized as a very early James Bond working for the Empire and not necessarily for the specific emperor.  Aulus is introduced to Calvus, who unknown to him initially was also an agent working for a different time.   Together the two must protect Aulus's empire and time as well as saving Calvus's future time.

Drake always does a superb job with historically accurate settings and characters.  His story telling could be done around a campfire or a nuclear pile.  The man has game!   His stories always provide some philosophic head scratching as well as plenty of action and character insights.

I really enjoy his work in general and this book specifically.

I recommend both this book.

Site:  http://david-drake.com/


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment