Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb



This is a Rain Wild book.  The story picks up with the "hatching" of a new clutch of dragons.   The dragons and the "mutants" of the Rain Wild river face daunting challenges.

There are several main protagonists in this book.  Alise Finbok who is struggling for an identity in a male dominated society.  Thymara, abandoned and recovered at birth, who is also trying to develop a firmer identity.  Leftrin has a secret that colors his captaining of a river barge.   Sedric is one more who has a secret and is also trying to figure out who he might be.

This is a character study set in a jungle setting with dragon personalities impacting the behavior of all of the characters.   The tenuous alliance between dragons and Rain Wilders is thoroughly tested in what may be a fruitless journey.

I recommend.  

Site:  http://www.robinhobb.com/

 This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment