Welcome

WELCOME  
Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate  or    Money Saving Tech Tips blog
or visit my web site to see the children's books which I have authored.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Out of the Dark by David Weber






A new Weber series is always welcome.  Although after starting the excellent Multiverse series and discovering there are no plans to finish it makes me leery of starting a new Weber series.   Although in this purported series, there is a good wrap up, I guess in case he decides not to continue.   I know I was not the only one disappointed when there was no follow up (and none planned) for Hell’s Gate and Hell Hath No Fury.





Regardless, this book does stand alone well so if there is no follow up, there should be no disappointment. 



This book started very similar to a John Ringo series, the Posleen War.   It had a very similar taste and feel.   Weber does have the ability to craft characters that are memorable in spite of the fact he never hesitates to kill some of them off.  



There are some interesting twists to the book that make it much different than the Ringo series. 



I still recommend the book .



Body of work of <a type="amzn"> David Weber </a>







This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment