Welcome

WELCOME  
Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate  or    Money Saving Tech Tips blog
or visit my web site to see the children's books which I have authored.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oberon’s Dreams by Aaron Pogue




 

Captain Corin is a likeable scoundrel who runs afoul of his own pirate crew and finds himself a stranger in a strange land and time.



Captain Corin sees himself as an unmitigated blackguard but his actions say otherwise.   Since actions speak louder than words, I found myself enjoying his attempts to portray himself as an evil villain.



Pogue crafted an interesting setting and added a twist to what otherwise could have been a standard fantasy setting.  I’m never sure how much to say when I diligently try to avoid spoilers.  



The involvement of Druids in an otherwise Luxor valley type of setting provides some thought provoking moments.  Pogue did a nice job here.



I recommend the book.



Web Site: http://aaronpogue.com/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment