Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Judgement at Proteus by Timothy Zahn

 

This is the final book of a five book series and I’m not sure it is the best because it is a better book or because it ties up everything so neatly.  Frank Compton, galactic troubleshooter is back with his assorted sidekicks from all four previous books.   He makes some startling discoveries and has to closely look at his alliances and enemies.  

Frank is an engaging character who shows signs of being an somewhat inept James Bond combined with a somewhat more slick MacGyver.  He creates his bag of tricks as he goes along and tends to shoot from the hip somewhat inaccurately.   This book provides a bit more insight into the costs of war.  Too many action books ignore the butcher bill.  Zahn does a nice job pointing out that success in war frequently involves sacrifice and casualties. 

Avoiding spoilers, there is plenty of action, some new villains, new allies and some nice plot features.   I liked this book the best of the five.

I recommend it.    

Body of work of <a type="amzn" >Timothy Zahn</a>

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TimothyZahn

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment