Welcome






WELCOME
Many of the books I review were FREE in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid to review them. Spotlights are promotional and should be regarded as ADs. They are promoting books but I do NOT get any money or goods for posting Spotlights.




Please check out my general fiction blog Pick of the Literate
or Money
Saving Tech Tips
blog

or visit my web site
to see the children's books which I have authored.(AD)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison



This is the first book of Harrison’s that I have read. I expected a Jim Butcher level of entertainment. I didn’t get it. I gave it a good effort but I just couldn’t get into the story, the characters, the setting, nothing. I wanted to like the book, I have already got a couple more of her books, assuming I would like it but alas, I didn’t. The book had too much soap opera overtone for my taste. Now I am not foolish enough to suggest that it may be more suited in the romance category of vampire loving teens but maybe… Rachel Mariana Morgan is a witch, rooming with a living vampire and a bunch of pixies and she is the familiar of a demon. Sounds like it should be page turner and obviously from Harrison’s sales for many people her books are page turners, just not for me. I do not recommend it.

Body of work of Kim Harrison

Review: http://www.sfsite.com/10a/ew209.htm

Web site: http://www.kimharrison.net/Every%20Which%20Way.htm



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment